Immigrate to Canada as a Construction Worker

Immigrate to Canada as a Construction Worker

Are you currently working and have experience as a Construction Worker and are also interested in immigrating to Canada? We have wonderful news for you! Canada considers Construction Workers, Skilled/Semi-Skilled workers which qualify individuals for Canadian programs like Federal Skilled Worker and Provincial Nominee Programs.

Job Description (NOC 2011-7611 Construction Trades Helpers and Labourers)

Construction trades helpers and laborers assist skilled tradespersons and perform laboring activities at construction sites, in quarries and in surface mines. They are employed by construction companies, trade and labor contractors, and surface mine and quarry operators.

Some construction worker jobs include:

  • carpenter
  • concrete mixer
  • asphalt spreader
  • roofer
  • plumber
  • drywall slander
  • bricklayer

Some construction worker responsibilities include:

  • Load and unload construction materials, and move materials to work areas
  • Dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring and barricades required at construction sites
  • Tend or feed machines/equipment used in construction
  • Direct traffic at or near construction sites
  • Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment
  • Mix, pour and spread materials such as concrete and asphalt

Salary Average: $39,000-$52,000 CAD

Visa Options for Foreign-Born Construction Workers Immigrating to Canada

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program allows persons who have a legitimate employment offer in the In-Demand Skills Stream to apply for permanent immigration.

The In-Demand Skills Stream requirements include:

  • 9 months of full time paid work experience in Ontario as a construction worker
  • a minimum score of 4 on the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) test
  • Show proof that you have enough money to settle in Canada and support your family members financially. (This can be demonstrated by the annual salary of your employment offer)
  • You must have the equivalent of a Canadian secondary school diploma. You will need to get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) to show that your qualification meets the Canadian standards.
  • Show proof of intention to establish and dwell in Ontario after acquiring permanent status. This can be accomplished in a variety of ways, including working full-time, leasing or purchasing property, learning, volunteering, or developing personal and professional ties with other permanent residents.

Federal Skilled Trades Program

The Federal Skilled Trades Program is designed for skilled individuals who wish to become permanent residents because of their qualifications in a skilled profession.

The Federal Skilled Trades Program minimum requirements include:

  • You must have job offers from up to two employers in Canada for at least one year OR a Certificate of Qualification from a provincial or territorial agency.
  • You must show proof of basic language proficiency from a recognized language testing agency proving that the candidate reaches the minimal level.
  • You must have obtained twenty-four months of qualified work experience in the skilled trade in the last five years.
  • You must be able to demonstrate the skills and experience and that you have performed the essential duties of the occupation.

Provincial Nominee Program

This program allows you to immigrate to Canada if you are a skilled or semi-skilled worker and have a valid job offer that is needed in a particular province or territory. Each province or territory has its own PNP with in-demand occupation lists intended to meet the individual needs of its labour market. This will require that you send an Expression of Interest to relocate to the relevant region.

Are You Interested in Migrating to Canada as a Construction Worker?

If so, Contact Easy Migration today. All our cases are handled by competent and experienced immigration professionals. These professionals consist of lawyers, licensed paralegals and consultants who work for Easy Migration, an award-winning immigration firm that adheres to the highest standards of client service.

Ready for the next step? Book your 1 on 1 consultation now or call us at +971 58 526 9660.

Have a Question related to your Immigration Needs?

Fill out the FREE Immigration Assessment Form and get a response within 24 hours to see if you’re eligible.

The assessment form should take approximately 5-7 minutes to complete. We will get back to you within one business day to let you know if we are able to help.